STICK with STECK: He’ll Fight For You
We need better government in New York State: responsive, intelligent, and effective. For too long, powerful entrenched interests have thwarted progressive change in New York.
In 2012, the 110th Assembly District (Colonie, Niskayuna, and Schenectady) elected a legislator with years of experience who has a record of independence advocating for voters at the community level. Re-elect Phil Steck, for Assembly on either the Democratic, Independence, or Working Families lines. He’ll fight for you.
After 27 years of grassroots involvement in the Town of Colonie, having served in the County Legislature from 2000 to 2012, and now in the Assembly since 2012, Phil Steck has gained an understanding of issues that must be addressed at the State level.
- Working to protect the middle class from high taxes, the high costs of education and health care, and high auto insurance rates.
- Fighting corruption in State government.
- Reforming the Common Core, increasing aid to local schools, and making sure that educational funding goes to the classroom and benefits our students, rather than being squandered on additional layers of unnecessary government bureaucracy.
- Protecting the reproductive rights of women and guaranteeing equal pay for equal work.
- Protecting public and private pensions and the availability of necessary services for Senior Citizens.
- Replacing a Medicaid system that is plagued by fraud and high administrative costs with a more efficient system that provides better care at less cost.
- Promoting responsible economic development.